UNION CITY PASSENGER DEPOT

All aboard! Passengers are now enjoying the brand-new passenger station in Union City, Tennessee.

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Why so many trains?

Recently, I was asked this question by someone who had to contend with stopping at a rail crossing until the train passed. This had to potential of happening every work day. I explained that the area was home to a number of cement plants and limestone quarries. Also, there were other industries in the area. Overall a very busy railroad place. Has been so for almost a century. Fortunately, the person was able to use another route after a little exploration which limited the problem somewhat. I myself usually enjoy watching trains go by and consider myself lucky when I see one. One man’s bread and butter and so forth. Anyway, omscaler is still working on the Hamilton House. Also, fighting the sunshine too. Yours not hardly distracted, omscaler

 

No comments: