VIEW NORTH, UNION CITY

Photograph captured by local news photographer.

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Repro post

 Well, the big day finally arrived. Last Thursday the Hull house was completed and installed on the module. I have to say this has been the most challenging build I have done. It was supposed to have been started in February. The more time it took, the more I seemed to have to do. If one looks closely at the pics, lines that are supposed to be parallel are not. Angles that should be right angles are not. If I seem to be satisfied overall, I am not. However, on the plus side, this is another landmark project for the Very Small Railroad. The William Hull house actually exists in Murphysboro, Illinois. The home is an asymmetrical, Italianate style building. Formerly a bed and breakfast, it is now believed to be a private residence. I have never seen a roof like this one. I hope I never get the urge to build one like it again. The real house has much more exterior decoration. One each upper and lower windows were left off by accident. The actual roof is very dark gray. We did learn a more precise way to use the hobby laser as evidenced by the porch railing and “wrought iron” front fence. The direction the house faces may be changed in time. Where to next? The Union City, Tennessee module beckons. Gearing up for the next phase, omscaler

 

Note to readers: This post in large part is a duplicate post that was entered on the TrainBoard forum last Friday. Omscaler posts there under the name gmorider.

 

 

No comments: